Friday, June 1, 2012

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Anniversary Craft ideas

Now that first term is over (sooo excited about the next 2 weeks of holidays!!) I'm already looking for ideas and resources for our new unit study next term which is The Royal Family!!
With today being the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation Day I was wanting to make some crowns with the children and perhaps have a tea-party later this afternoon!
I went searching for crown patterns last night and THIS is the one that I found which I'm hoping to try today!
I found THIS site too which has loads of fun children craft ideas and then lastly in case you haven't seen the latest Woman's Weekly has a Limited Special Edition all on the Queen. It's full of fabulous photographs and info... just what i need for my shelf leading up to term 2!
Oooo if you're into knitting ( so love to make cute little projects) then THIS is the perfect crown for you!!
I'm hoping that my beginners knowledge will not stop me from knitting one of these beauties but firstly I need to talk with my mum and get the low down!! I also would love to knit THIS! I LOVE a theme and to make these would be sooooo fun! :)
Well for now I hope that I've inspired you to do something cool and hopefully I'll show you what i make later but until then here is one more crown of the more simpler type... good ol' paper, click HERE if you want to give it a go!
Smile The Torrents'

No comments:

Post a Comment